Tuesday, March 20, 2012

At First Light: Day 3 A sisterhood in Christ

We sat cross legged on my rattan rug, crouched around the dark coffee table.
We unwrapped our muffins and dug into our cereal.
We prayed and talked in whispers.
I listened as she read from the gospel of Mark.
We sipped our tea.

This morning I spent my first hour with Brooks (the last 15 minutes we were joined by two little stragglers). 
The time went too quickly but it reminded me just how crucial it is to have close relationships with other believers.

Our survival as Christians is dependent on learning, growing and sharing with sisters and brothers in Christ.

We are not meant to go it alone.

Isolation breads discouragement.
Independence leaves us spiritually stale.
Community stirs growth.
Fellowship creates accountability.

"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now....And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:3-5, 9-11


My door is always open Brooks.
Come again sister.
Let's sit and have another cup of tea soon(But this time let's get up even earlier!)
Blessings, Jodi

No comments: