Monday, April 20, 2015

Why I bear my heart and write...

This blog is the learning…


Of a country girl who almost drowned in seeking accomplishment, but was rescued by finding her true identity as God's beloved daughter.

Of a workaholic, new bride who had to choose between her commitment to marriage and passion for television news…

Of a young mother clawing at control, surrendering her womb to 
welcome love and new life…

Of a born-again believer,
 who found her home in the 
Catholic Church…

Of a woman no longer hiding her postpartum pain, learning the secret of 
finding blessing in the brokenness… 

Of a mother who daily marinates in the truth that her Heavenly Father loves her babies even more than she does….

Of a desperate soul who felt restless, but found her voice again through writing and speaking to women…

This is my story. 

My legacy of learning grace while growing children on an Eastern Shore Island. 

Because if there is one thing I have learned from mothering and ministering to women
it is this...
you do NOT care to
 KNOW WHAT I KNOW,
  you WANT TO KNOW MY STORY. 

And this is mine.