Sunday, October 20, 2013

Prayers and Pictures as our Little Spiderman Turns Three...

Most loving Father,
You are the example of parenthood,
teach us what to give
and what to withhold.
Show us when to reprove and when to praise.
Make us gentle and considerate yet firm and watchful. Keep us from weak indulgence,
or from great severity.
Give us the courage to be disliked sometimes by our children, when we must do necessary things which are displeasing to their eyes.
Give us the imagination to enter into their world
in order to understand and guide them.
Give us all the virtues we need to lead them by word and example in the path of righteousness. Amen.
 
 Trippy turned three last Saturday!
I'm short on time and long on the "Sunday To-Do List" for making lunches, scrubbing uniforms and overseeing book bag clean-outs so I'll just post a few of my favorite I-Phone pix for now!
We hosted an indoor pool party - complete with all of the cousins!
 Aunt Di flew in from Florida to celebrate.
This was our "Fab-5" family's last kiddo-birthday party before we add another munchkin to the mix in early January!
And yes, I did squeeze into a black maternity suit and did my best cannon-ball into the pool!
 


Dear God, I thank You for the gift of this child to raise, this life to share, this mind to help mold, this body to nurture, and this spirit to enrich. Let me never betray this child's trust, dampen this child's hope, or discourage this child's dreams. Help me, dear God, to help this precious child become all You mean him to be. Let Your grace and love fall on him like gentle breezes and give him inner strength and peace and patience for the journey ahead. Amen.
~~ Marian Wright Edelman




No comments: