Monday, February 3, 2014

Heading Out Early (Linked in: "Multitudes on Mondays" @ One Thousand Gifts)

 
This morning he had planned on heading out early,
but I asked if I could take his place.
He nodded yes, giving me a deep gaze.
 
I quickly showered and then ran
out the door without breakfast.

I smiled as I drove by myself.
A rare treat to be alone and
heading to such a wonderful place.
 

I love early morning.
I never used to...
Just ask my Dad about the grumbling he would hear when he used to wake me up for high school each day.  
 
But now I absolutely treasure the stillness of morning.
The way the rising sun reflects off our nearby Bay.
The crisp linger of how the air smells.
The sounds of quiet.
The sun just starting to burn off the morning fog.
I love the new chance that each day promises to bring.
Nothing feels soured or tired.
Just fresh.
New.
Hopeful.

When I got there I was surprised at
 how many others had come too.
 
We closed our eyes to hear the Lord's Word read aloud.
Grabbed hands when we prayed as
our Father had taught us.
Leaned in closer to show the signs of peace.
And gathered to participate in the
beautiful sacrifice of our Lord.

When it ended I longed for more.
More quiet. More focus. More of Jesus.

     Just a regular weekday, but an unforgettable encounter.
 

May He be what you long for today.

Blessings, Jodi

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your photos and words are calming and make me want to be in all of them.
Ah, the quiet, connection and inward peace only Jesus gives. Thanks for sharing this.