Thursday, February 4, 2016

A day in the life of a mother...

This is how I got through the homework hour tonight. 


Seriously. 


My daughter, trying to get my attention, 

snapped these pictures.


Here is my witness. 


The five-year-old stuck to my lap and the two-year-old with one arm draped around my neck and her other hand plugging my nose while she whispered little words and giggled in my ear. 


And tonight, after Latin chants and recorder ballads and timed multiplication tables, when I felt like loosing it? 


I smiled big and laughed out loud, looking up and thanking God for each of these four lives I've been entrusted to mother...because this really is a privilege isn't it? 


An honor to pour into hearts and mold souls and be called "Mama". And after my brief prayer? 


My Mama-Sisters, you know me well! I poured myself a big ol' glass of wine BEFORE serving dinner! 


To all the Mothers who are out there and tired tonight...hang in there. What you are doing matters. 


Because mothering matters. 


No comments: